Almond-Butter Chip Cookies (gluten free, vegan, kosher for Passover)
This is a Passover cookie with no eggs and no matzah meal.
When I made this cookie my son assured me that it did not taste like Passover, by which he means he likes them. The cookies are hand mixed and quick to make.
large mixing bowl
measuring spoons, cups
6 oz package ground almonds or hazelnuts (don't use nut flour)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1.5 tsp baking powder
3/4 c almond butter
1/2 c (scant) honey
1.5 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 c white chocolate chips
1/2 c semi sweet chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 heavy weight cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine the ground nuts and baking powder , combine well
3. In a small saucepan, combine the almond butter, honey and salt. Heat until the almond butter begins to melt. Mix well. Remove from the heat. Add the vanilla extract.
4. Add the melted almond butter mixture into the ground nuts. Mix with a spoon. Cool mixture.
5. Add the chips
6. Portion small balls from the dough (about the size of a walnut). Place on prepared baking sheet
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. The cookie will have a tendency to brown quickly on the bottom, you can use 2 baking sheets if this happens to your cookies
8. Allow to cool on the sheet before you move the cookies. Store in a covered container. These cookies will store well in the refrigerator
Yield: approximately 2 dozen cookies
Another Passover favorite: Gluten Free Brownies