Blackberry Ice Cream
New Jersey is known for summertime blueberries, peaches and tomatoes. Who knew that blackberries are also grown all over the state! This past week we've gone blackberry picking twice, so we've had delicious blackberries out of hand, blackberry yogurt, a blackberry cobbler and here, you have a photo of very delicious - and easy to make- blackberry ice cream. The only trick is that you'll need an ice cream maker. #jerseyfreshlove !!!!
Measuring cups and spoons
Ice cream maker
Cute ice cream dishes (optional)
- 4 cups half and half OR 2 cups heavy cream and 2 cups half and half . Try to find cream that is NOT ultra pasteurized- I use Whole Foods house brand
- 3/4- 1 c granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp raspberry or pomegranate fountain flavor - this is stocked at LorAnn Oils
- 1-2 tsp vodka (optional)
- 1 1/2 c lightly crushed fresh blackberries
- Combine very cold cream and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add the flavors and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and process as per the machine's instructions.
- Mix the vodka into the fruit. A few minutes prior to the mixture being finished add the fruit to the soft ice cream and mix for several minutes more.
- Pour into a container, cover and freeze until very firm.
- Enjoy this very special summer treat!
Other frozen dessert recipes on BreadandBabka.com :